July 23 | *Virtual* Folk Art Florals Gouache Painting Workshop
Join us online for a Folk Art Florals Gouache Painting Workshop!
Gouache is a type of opaque watercolor paint that dries to a matte finish, making it a preferred medium for many artists! If you’ve tried watercolors or acrylics and want to expand your skill set, or even want to try painting for the first time, this workshop is a great way to get started. We’ll be going over how to use gouache to create an art piece inspired by Hungarian embroidered folk art.
During this workshop, you will learn:
- A quick history of embroidered florals in Hungarian folk art
- Basic gouache application and mixing techniques
- How to sketch a Kalocsa-inspired design
By the end of the workshop, you’ll create a 9 x 12 inch floral art piece. In the future, you’ll have the skills to use gouache for any paintings you wish!
July 23, 2020
Join us live at the date and time above OR watch the recording that you will receive within 24 hours of class time, whenever is best for you!
Online (Zoom link will be emailed to you at least one hour before the listed start time)
$15 per person for class only
$50 per person for class and supply kit (pick up curbside in Tucson or choose to have supplies shipped for additional $5)
*If you choose to have supplies shipped within 7 days of the workshop date you may not receive them by workshop date therefore, you will need to watch the workshop recording.*
- Set of twelve, 12 ml gouache tubes including White, Lemon Yellow, Light Yellow, Scarlet, Deep Rose, Cobalt Blue (Ultramarine), Light Blue (Cyan), Deep Green, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, and Black
- One natural hair small angled brush
- Three pieces of 9 x 12 inch watercolor paper
- Scratch paper (not included in supply kit)
- Cup of water (not included in supply kit)
- Paper towels or cotton rag (not included in supply kit)
© This content belongs to Creative Kind, please do not distribute the link or video download after receiving them.