Calling all plant parents - current or aspiring! We've got a hands-on workshop, conversation, and educational evening (all in one) planned just for you.
Join us on Saturday, August 27 for an event all about raising and showing off your houseplant babies with Drew of Drutopia and Ana of La Luna Coyote.
5 PM - Get a full tutorial on making your own macrame plant hanger with Hilari. While you are creating, Ana of La Luna Coyote will share how she makes her beautiful handmade concrete pots.
6 PM - When your new plant hanger is complete, you'll receive your Honey Bee pot to pair it with, be sure to choose your color at checkout. You'll also have the opportunity to shop a wider selection of La Lune Coyote goods!
7 PM - What's a plant hanger without the perfect plant? Drew will have a selection of indoor plants for you to choose from! While you get your plant settled into its new home, Drew will go over proper care for your new baby.
While you craft, chat, and learn, snack and sip on plant-based crudité cups, sparkling fruit water, and some of our favorite natural wine.
What you'll leave with:
- Macrame plant hanger
- La Luna Coyote concrete honey bee pot
- Drutopia plant
- Knowledge of macrame basics, concrete practices, and plant care
- A few surprises!
Meet the Makers:
Ana (she/her) of La Luna Coyote
- My name is Ana (On-nuh) I am the artist behind La Luna Coyote. I specialize in mixed media home décor and jewelry. Within my designs, you will detect my fascination for the Sonoran Desert, and images of cultural and spiritual themes that are unique to the Southwest. My favorite creations as of late, consist of concrete. My passion for creating home decor accessories stems from my desire to create spaces in my home that bring me closer to my spirituality. I have focused on composing art that will influence the energy of any room by contributing moments of guided imagination and calming serenity.
Drew (he/him) of Drutopia
- Drew Berryhill is a 35 year old business owner of Arizona’s only Black-owned Plant Nursery/Botanical space, located in the Historical downtown Dunbar-Spring Neighborhood at the Dunbar Pavilion.
Drew started his business from his home in the spring of 2020. His vision was to create something intimate & accessible that was made up off all the things that make the Southwest special… plants, rocks & animals! At Drutopia you can find a wide array of plants year around for viewing & purchasing. Also whether they be strewn or stacked throughout the garden, you can also find a plethora of rocks & minerals from all over the region! Drutopia is open to the public Thursday-Sunday from 10 AM - 5:30 PM.
*TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 21ST*
August 27, 2022
5 PM - 8 PM
Creative Kind at La Encantada
2905 East Skyline Drive
Suite 182 (across from L'Occtaine)
Tucson, AZ 86718
- What age is this appropriate for?
- This event is designed for individuals aged 21 and older.
- Can I bring my partner/child/pet?
- Each ticket is for one single seat to the event. Due to limited space and safety practices, we're unable to accommodate additional folks or pets (unless they are service animals) without a ticket.
- Do I need to bring anything?
- Nope! We'll provide everything you need for the event.