We're looking for an experienced retail manager with creative leanings to join our team this March as a Floor Manager.
This role involves delivering the Creative Kind experience to our guests in the shop, helping to manage shop operations, and hosting workshops during the evenings and weekends.
This role will allow you to exercise a diverse skill set, from creative to leadership to operational. The perfect person for this role has exceptional customer service experience, a passion for community building, and major DIY skills. It’s a very people-centric position and requires the ability to command a room in a group setting as well as a love for conversing one-on-one.
We're a very small team with plans to grow, so if you're looking to wear many hats, learn a lot and have a meaningful impact on a nontraditional retail business, we highly encourage you to apply!
This position pays $15 per hour. Starts at 30 to 34 hours per week, and with growth will transition to 40 hours per week.
We're seeking an individual that's available to run the shop Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, plus two evenings per week (5 to 8 hour shifts). We're closed on Mondays (yay!)
Depending on the season, the Floor Manager will be responsible for managing one to three shop associates.
Responsibilities & Performance Outcomes
- Oversees the sales floor and assists guests, cultivating a welcoming space that puts people first
- Fosters a strong sense of community by focusing on building relationships and embodying our brand values
- Takes pride in maintaining an organized, clean and pleasant environment in the shop
- Receives, organizes and tags inventory shipments
- Merchandises inventory and assists with designing and arranging in-store displays
- Drives sales by generating and interpreting sales reports and strategizing next steps
- Trains new team members and models strong, open communication practices
- Hosts and teaches creative workshops of up to 18 people on a weekly basis
- Retail management experience
- Merchandising experience and/or an elevated, modern aesthetic sensibility
- Artistic/crafting ability and interest
- Must be highly self-motivated and a self-starter
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line FLOOR MANAGER to apply. Don't forget your resume, at least three professional references, and some samples of your creativity.