Join us in crafting a pair of unique Ceramic Saguaro Ornaments!
One for you, one to gift! In this workshop, Claire will guide you through sketching out your saguaros, cutting them from slabs of clay, and finally how to paint and carve the saguaro's signature spines using a ceramic technique called Sgraffito. Each Saguaro ornament can be personalized as you wish.
In this workshop you will learn:
- To draw a unique Saguaro pattern
- Cutting and shaping flat slabs of clay
- The basic principles of sgraffito and clay surface design
By the end of this workshop you'll have built two adorable ceramic saguaro ornaments that Claire will then fire and glaze! You will pick up your ornaments from the shop three - four weeks later, just in time for the holidays!
- Accidents occasionally occur in the firing process
- Claire will be making extra to ensure everyone receives a pair of Saguaro ornaments
- Ornaments will be ready in 3-4 weeks
- All materials and instruction
- One on one assistance
- Snacks and beverages
- 10% off any purchases in the shop
If you are unvaccinated we ask that you wear a mask.
November 21, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Creative Kind at La Encantada
2905 E Skyline Drive
Suite 182 (across from L'Occtaine)
Tucson, AZ 86718
*Workshop seats are non-refundable*